Rockstar Games is the producer and publisher of video games like gta v android. This game production house is operating in the industry since 1998. This studio develops unique games for PCs, consoles and mobile devices. Let’s check out some interesting facts about rockstar games.
Origin and Extensions
Officially, Rockstar game is owned by Take 2 Interactive. The headquarters of the company is located in New York’s Broadway, in the same building where the Take 2 offices are located. However, the most important workshops of Rockstar studios are located in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK), Carlsbad (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
Over the years, the Rockstar Japan group established its headquarters in Tokyo (Japan), Rockstar Vancouver (Canada). This was established in 2002 as a result of the following events.
- Rockstar Japan takeovers of Barking Dog Studios, in 2012, which merged with Rockstar Toronto.
- Rockstar Vienna(Austria) was established in 2003 as a result of the acquisition of Neo Software and closed in 2006.
In the initial period of Rockstar Games, it was involved in publishing games created by external developers. The most important innovations from this period include Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III and Wild Metal Country (console version). There are more in the list that includes-
- DMA Design (currently Rockstar North)
- The Italian Job – Pixelogic,
- Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne – by Remedy Entertainment
- Monster Truck Madness 64 – Edge of Reality Studios
- Oni – Bungie Software
- Smuggler’s Run and Midnight Club
- Street Racing – by Angel Studios (now Rockstar San Diego)
- Earthworm Jim 3D (console version) and the State of Emergency – VIS Entertainment .ne.
Rockstar Games is currently conducting its development activities through eight development studios located in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
The Rockstar Games group includes the following branches (listed in alphabetical order):
- Rockstar India based in Bangalore (India) – established in 2016, previously functioning under the name Technicolor India.
- Rockstar Leeds based in Leeds (UK) – created in 2004 as a result of the acquisition of the Möbius Entertainment studio.
- Rockstar Lincoln based in Lincoln (Great Britain) – established in 1999 as a result of the acquisition of Tarantula Studios.
- Rockstar London based in London (Great Britain) – created in 2005,
- Rockstar New England based in Andover (USA) – created in 2008 as a result of the acquisition of Mad Doc Software,
- Rockstar North based in Edinburgh (Great Britain) – established in 1999 as a result of the acquisition of the DMA Design studio and renamed Rockstar North in 2002,
- Rockstar San Diego based in Carlsbad (USA) – created in 2003 as a result of the acquisition of Angel Studios,
- Rockstar Toronto based in Toronto (Canada) – created in 1999.