Thinking of doing SEO on your blog posts to get more traffic?
Basically, getting traffic to your WordPress is really the whole point of having a website… you want people to see what you got to offer.
Let’s face it… It’s probably no magic to easily rank your website on the first page of Google. Search engines are usually governed by complex algorithms. It takes a lot of time and effort to lead them to your website. That’s why you also need to have the best WordPress support team.
New to SEO? No worries! We got you covered. Today, we’ll take you to a Google SEO guide to get the traffic your website deserves.
The SEO Guide and Tips
The majority of web traffic is driven by the major commercial search engines, most especially with Google.
In order to boost your website, you need to make sure you run through your WordPress Migration with Google SEO. If search engines fail to find your site, your business might miss out a lot of opportunities to drive traffic to your site.
Which is why I made this Google SEO guide to help you boost your website and drive traffic. Thus, getting a great WordPress Support can help in making such difference.
Create Good Page Titles
Page titles are a very important aspect of SEO. When creating page titles, make sure that it will make users want to click on your page.
Each page needs to have a unique approach that accurately describes the page’s content. You must also be brief and descriptive to help the user understand what the page is about.
Step Up an Informative Description
The page description meta tag is also very important. This gives users, Google, and other search engines a summary of what your page is all about.
Google may choose to show what you type in the description or may decide to use a part of your page’s content. Meaning to say, it doesn’t require that what you write in the description will show in the snippet.
In making a good description, make sure you follow these guidelines:
- Provide a unique description for all pages, post, products of your website. Make sure that it’s appealing and can catch your visitor’s interests.Keep the size between 140-150 characters. Keep it short and concise.
- Avoid repeating the title in the description. Make most of the 150 character limit you have.
- Don’t add too many keywords. Use keywords that are relevant and important. Don’t bombard the search engine with a lot of keywords.
Make Use of Permanent Link Structure
The permanent link structure is a term used in describing the format of URLs for pages or an individual post on a website. Permalink is shown in the browser address bar and in the search results.
For SEO Guidelines for URLs, you can follow these steps:
- Make URLs simple and easy to understand.
- Use hyphens ‘ – ‘.
- Avoid lengthy URLs.
- Use descriptive words.
Use Internal Links Appropriately
Basically, Google uses links to find out what content on your site is related and what the value of that content is.
Internal links are links in a page that point to other pages within the website. These aren’t external links. Having these links is crucial for your SEO to evaluate and improve internal linking strategy on a regular basis.
Adding the right links ensures you that Google understands the relevance, the relationship and the value of pages.
However, there are certain rules to follow to effectively link appropriate internal links:
- Link related articles together with the use of the full article title.
- Links must be useful for both users. It must be easy to understand by search engines.
- Don’t make links just for search engines only.
- Do not use terms like ‘click here’ or ‘[..]’ for internal linking. Be creative.
- Use only a couple of internal links per page.
- Don’t link old posts from new posts, make it to a point to separate them.